2 March 2017

Pending Trades:

Limit Sell 142 shares of CORE @ $33.74 (0%)

Limit Sell 91 shares of CAB @ $50.21 (0%)


Purchased 530 shares of IPXL @ $9.50


Sold 265 shares of UA @ $19.03 for a 0% gain


VSTM - Chasing to a conservative price of $2.50. Our goal is to sell tomorrow for $1.30 - $1.35 and get back in around $1.27. The whole plan though needs to revolve around multiple transactions at 5% gains and consistently repurchases for less than your sell price.  

MGNX - Systematic investing. 5% and out.

UA - We made a play on UA, to break even @ $19.03...hopefully get the easy money within two weeks with IPXL and we think there's a reasonable chance we can get back in on UA for less that $19.03.

CORE - Systematic investing. 5% and out.

CAB - In our office, we have a white board. On that white board, we have rules. Cabela's has officially broken our rules and it's not fair for us to only practice the rules when we are winning. We must also exercise solid discretion when losing. We'll most likely be taking our first loss of the year tomorrow with Cabela's...The problem is simple, we've got 10k locked up in a stock that's just not performing. Do we believe it will hit $55-$60 this year? Yes. Do we think the merger will happen? 70% Our performance goals are based on how many 5% transactions we can make in a year and this is holding us back. 

AA - Systematic investing. 5% and out.

AUO - Systematic investing. 5% and out.

RES - Systematic investing. 5% and out.

ACET - Systematic investing. 5% and out.

USB - Sold @ $53.60 for a 5.1% gain. Need re-entry below $53.55 to make it make sense.

CNAT - We made a fortune on this and we think it's still got gas, but right now, this second, probably isn't the time. We don't recommend getting wild and buying this on your own. Purely monitoring.

DRYS - Beware of this stock. Monitoring for future.

SHOP - Sold @ $54.48; desired re-entry of anything below $54.20. We've decided to set our cap for this stock @ $65.00. Now that doesn't mean it's not a great stock; our main concerned is it becoming oversold due to it's success.

IPXL - Systematic investing. 5% and out. Potential for more exists but do not risk your 5%.

HK - Actually feel off our screen due to a 3% gain, but dropped 4% today, so we'll play ball...most likely Cabela's replacement if we decide to sell.

NFX - Third place as far as potential buys.

LONE - We'll be honest, we've avoid this stock for a few days. It's continued to show up on multiple screens that use and we haven't liked it. We can only argue for so long...math is math... likely buy tomorrow if Cabela's sells.

James PauleyComment